1990 GMC FS Jimmy *_*STRANGE*_* tire wear.

1990 GMC FS Jimmy SLE 350CUI TBI TH700R4 NP241 Warn Brass/Premium locking hubs. Recent front end work: Grease New pads/calipers.

Got my truck about 1 month ago. Smooth as SATIN on the way home. Smooth, smooth smooth. Put it up on VIP's lift once, and it's shaky. They try to royally screw me, I send out letter's to everyone & their dog, and they put it up on the lift again, take a few days and come back with an *almost* acceptable compensation offer. Now in the past WEEK my front tires look like a tire shop's display of what a tire should not look like. Both front tires have extreme wear on the outside edges. PS tire has CUPPING every onesn't in a while on the outside and the inside tread is JAGGED. The thing shakes like a BASTARD on the highway, and when turning feels like it has drive train wind up/ crow hopping. When going slow it turns to the left alright, but the tires GRAB going to the right and turn themselves all the harder. The front tires are utter rubbish now - no way in HELL they would pass inspection.

Where would one look to see if they decided my front end & attitude needed an ''alignment'?

~KJ~ Why can't I just find a god damn honest mechanic?

Reply to
KJ

Sounds exactly like it's been in 4wd and/or hubs locked, etc, but I guess you know that so that couldn't possibly be the case (right? :)

Reply to
Markeau

Unless my t-case isn't coming out of gear, it isn't that. Also if memory serves me, my hubs aren't currently locked. Even then, why would it only crow hop when turning right? I think it's toe in/out like crazy on the PS front.

~TLGM

Reply to
Lonely G-Monkey

Find a local tire joint and have it aligned.............sounds like she's way off.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Did you ever fix the 4x4 dash light? Maybe one hub isn't unlocking fully as your 241 is a fulltime case, right? But it's probably alignment. Grab a tape measure and do a front of tire centre line, to rear of tire center line measurement it'll at least give a rough # on how far you're toe's in/out.

Reply to
Demon

the 241 is a part time case... all manual xfer case trucks up to the

8600lbs 2500 got them from 88-98.

-Bret

Reply to
Bret Chase

Because (A) most 'mechanics' are merely parts installers and shouldn't be there anyway

-or- (B) most mechanics can't afford to spend the time to do the job right -- as crazy as that may sound..

Reply to
Celica Dude

That why I like older trks with lock outs

Reply to
LARRY929

how about learning to include the post to which you are replying ?

it helps people understand WTF you are referring to

Reply to
TranSurgeon

Hey man, you forgot the patented "attribushun" definition!

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"