1991 K5 Blazer rear end ratio question.

I recently replaced the rear end in my K5 blazer with a new unit with some sort of locker (gov lock I assume) from an online military surplus store. my original ratios were 3.42 and this new axle has 3.08. since then i obviously have not been in 4wd and lifted the truck 6 inches to clear

35's. (looks great by the way)I plan on installing a set of 4.10 gears in front and rear that my buddy bought a few years ago and never installed on his truck for the same style axle with stock 3.42's. My question is this. I have heard that some 10 bolt rear ends with 3.08 ratios have different size differential carriers the others. Does that just apply to the full size application 10 bolts or is it just on cars. thanks for the replies. mojo. by the way 35's and 3.08's while capable, are to say the least weak and wasteful of fuel.
Reply to
BADMOJO