1993 4.3 Code W CPI

Just discovered I have the dreaded CPI leaking. Searching around for the best price, I ran across a site that sells just the regulator for this engine. Is it worth the time or just a stop gap measure? Better yet, has anybody went this route?

RJ in WV

Reply to
RJ in WV

Not usually worth the bother. There are a bunch of pieces in the unit that can leak, not just the reg. Also you should replace the "nut kit" at the same time anyway. Check the price at rock auto. They had a good deal the last time I needed one.

Steve

Reply to
Steve W.

I don't know about Rock Auto, but both parts can be had from

for under $350, plus shipping.

Just checked Rock Auto, Rock is about $20 more >

Reply to
Mike Levy

Thanks Guys,

Anybody tried any of the rebuilt injectors? I found another site that sells you a rebuilt injector with new clips and improved regulator for $175. Add the Nut Kit and it comes to a little more than $250 shipping included.

The budget is super tight right now.

RJ in WV

Reply to
RJ in WV

Also look at

I also bought my parts from rockauto but their prices have increased quite a bit in the past couple years. However I did buy some reconditioned injectors from lindertech for the Pontiac van and was very satisfied with their service.

Reply to
DonW

I bought from

and had great service i got the nut kit and the egr gasket upgrade from him also.

price is competitive mike

Reply to
vwtopdown