2000 Blazer EBCM R&R

Hey folks... Should have known when the "illuminated interior" function started acting flaky that something was up. I put it down as a balky door jamb switch but was wrong. ABS light now lit steadily on the dash panel. Diagnostics at a local dealership puts it down as a bad ABS relay. Couldn't find a part number for an ABS relay. Turns out that this relay is located in the EBCM, some sort of Body Control Module. Turns out this module controls all "body electrical" systems (dome/courtesy lights, illuminated interior, radio, etc.) and as an added bonus includes the ABS relay.

Quoted cost for repair was $781. I'm wondering if any of you folks have done this job and can provide guidance as to location of the unit and its general level of "pain in the assedness" when it comes to removal and replacement. Also, any avenues of part acquisition OTHER than my local Chevy dealer would be greatly appreciated. Seems my local Autozone and PartsAmerica don't have it on their shelves.

Thanks much!

Reply to
Raymond Sirois