4t65e

what changes were made to this tranny from 00 to 01. I have a manual that covers up to 00. Looking at swaping in a 00 into a 04 model year but havent been able to find specific info on the 04.

Reply to
David & Robin Johnson

Call a salvage yard:

The Hollander is right 99% of the time.

I doubt that anything more than longevity updates were done. But check the gear ratios too.

Reply to
Refinish King

There was no changes. In 05 they upgraded for internal parts but gear raito have been the same since it was it started life as a 700R4 and morphed into a 4L60 around 92 with a electronic valve body

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

"SnoMan" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

ya lost me here. 4t65e is a front wheel drive tranny. There are several chain ratio's offered along with a couple diff. options. There must be some internal changes as the rebuild kits differ. I know there are several torrington bearings that differ. I have alot of tranny experience but mostly with rwd. I have a service manual that covers up to the 00 model year change but nothing beyond that. I have a friend with limited funds who owns a 04 montana. I have available the powertrain from a 00 venture. I can buy the complete sub frame pull cheaper than I can buy the rebuild kit for his tranny disregarding any potential problems I may find if I do a rebuild and the cost I'll probably have to eat for a ATSG manual. My intentions are to hopefully swap it in next weekend but I dont want to go through the problems of two sub drops to find it is a no go. And just as a side note there were several changes made to the 700R4 before it became the 4L60E. Totally off subject but what is the 8L60E. Was in Toledo last week at the tranny plant trying to pick some brains on this problem and a 8L60 was mentioned. Nope they couldn't help me on the 4t65 either, nor could GMPT Warren tranny assembly workers. Here is a heads up, or maybe old news for some. I laid my hands on 6.2 aluminum blocks, not diesel. What are these bad boys for. There were a couple hundred of these there. All mill work done and main caps installed. 6 bolt mains, 4 in the top 2 in the side which were not yet installed. Looked identical to the 6.0 blocks. They were coded for the 08 model year?

Reply to
David & Robin Johnson

Once again snoball fails to read and provides utterly worthless information...

We're talking about a TRANSAXLE not a TRANSMISSION!

Anyone that understands the difference between the letter L - (Longitude) and the letter T (Transverse) would know that!

----------------------------------- :::::::::Snojob Follies::::::::: SBJ: Dumb brake question

SBJ: Front wheel bearings-2000 Blazer??
SBJ: Snoball Defense System v1.01

Heatwave

All I can say is LOL!!! Snojob steps on his dick once again!!! Now the "you're a troll" comments shall begin!

Reply to
azwiley1

If it's a front wheel drive:

We have a horse of a different color!

The interchangeability is noted by the color of the plug on the transmission.

i.e..: Traction control and all that other shit. If the plug on the transmission matches the color, it's supposed to fit.

I worked in a shop that had the Hollander Interchange, but they also had over a hundred cars to parts out.

Reply to
Refinish King

Give the poor guy a break already. After all, he got A's on some papers once upon a time. Teacher was dumber than him.

Reply to
nonsense

I'm also guilty of that faux pas!

Sorry.

Reply to
Refinish King

I made an honest mistake:

I hope the flames are low intensity on me!

LOL

Reply to
Refinish King

Maybe. I think he's been ignoring me because every time he tries to attack me it's either a really lame attempt or it backfires in his face.

Reply to
Heatwave

If its fr "When I am clearly in error I will admit it while others do not so they are never wrong in their mind anyway." -Snoman (Oct 17 2006)

Hmmmm... Will he FINALLY practice what he preached and admit his error???

Not holding my breath...

Reply to
Heatwave

Likely a typo, it should be a 4L65 which is a RWD tranny in a new SUV. (a slightly beefed up 4L60 and there was/is a 4L85 to which is a beefed up 4L80) Also 700R4 and 4L6x tranny all had same ratios and the "L" stands for longitudal mounting (RWD) There was 4L30 series trany that was based of 4L60 and a 200R4 based off 700R4 that had different ratios but 700R4 and 4L6x's did not. The reason I keep mentioning

700R4 is because the 4l60 is based off of it and most of internal parts interchange (only valve bodies differ).

In link below you can see some GM RWD auto tranny info going back to the first one made in 40's.

TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

You are correct, the "L" would be correct if talking about an SUV. However, where did you gleen this from the OP's post? Nowhere did he/she mention vehicle type. I like the way you pass blame on to the OP because you are too damn stupid to admit you were wrong

Reply to
azwiley1

It is in a Chevy truck news group and there are no FWD GM trucks, dah...

The only one here acting like a stupid thick troll here is you...

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

Transaxles won't interchange. The later units have a different valve body, and different internals. The change over year was 2002.

Have you tried car-part.com. They might list a yard nearby that has one for the 04. Seems to be a LOT of them around this area according to the Hollander network.

Reply to
Steve W.

So, just becasue it is in a Chevy Truck group, it means the only thing that can be discussed or talked about is Chevy trucks? I have to ask, when the f*ck did you become the moderator?

Reply to
azwiley1

Well it is ASSUMED tht it is a truck unless they state otherwise....

Yuu mean who made you the boss here?

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

No, that is not what I mean, meant, said or implied you illiterate ass. Maybe you shouldn't ASSUME, you make an ass out of yourself on a daily basis here and in many other groups.

Reply to
azwiley1

Nice cover up... If you really thought this from the start the first thing you should of posted was a question to verify the subject. Instead of admitting your unmistakable blunder you blame the OP for a typo, with no verification, in a lame attempt to save face. Then to top it all off you continue to tack on drivel in a lame attempt to look intelligent.

[SNIP]

[snip]

[fixed]
Reply to