89 2500 Trans. question

I have an 89 3/4 ton 4.3L regular cab long bed. It has a 4 speed manual transmission that is broken. What are the requirements for switching to an automatic. Can I put in a non-computer turbo 350? This is a ranch truck and will not need to pass inspection.

Reply to
Easy121

I would install a 87 to 91 700R4 as they are not computer controlledexcept fo converter lockup and they have a lot deeper first gear than a THM350 (3.06 vs 2.52)

Reply to
TheSnoMan