93 s-10 4x4 Blazer

I took the plenum off this eve.and it has gas in all around the spider where the poppets are.I haven't found any info. on what the repair is yet.The price of the unit is more cost than I paid for the truck.I would have like to have got it running to see if the trans.is good.I got the dash pocket open I need a decode on the 2 different trans. types.Theres a lot of #s and letters in there that is barely readable. Thanks! Bobby

Reply to
bobby swift

bobby-if the plenum is still off-make sure the neg. batt. term is unhooked and then turn the ignition to the on position(doing nothing until you...)go under the hood and then put the neg. cable in place(assuming the pos. is still on the battery) watch the fuel pressure regulator real close, you'll hopefully see some fuel leak out of the 'weep' hole in the regulator. If so, an aftermarket company named 'HELP'-Motormite makes that part. You'll probably pay $50-$75 for the part, that is if you luck out and the problem isn't the injector itself. Done many of these and most times, the fuel leakage is the regulator. Good luck and chances are that tranny is a 4L60 E. snipped-for-privacy@peru-motors.com

bobby swift wrote:

Reply to
jerry

Jerry thanks for the info.the plenum is still off....and i'll try as you suggested...and let you know about the leak location.I was hoping it might turn out to be a 700r-4 trans..Thanks Again! Bobby

Reply to
bobby swift

You don't need RPO's to see which transmission it is. a TH7004/4L60 Non-E will have a 4 wire plug. The 4L60-E will have around a 12-18 wire plug.

Try getting a salvage yard fuel spider. Charles

Reply to
Charles Bendig

Charles I appreciate the info.on the trans.I did what Jerry said in a previous post..and sure enough the regulator was leaking..I ordered one from Advance Auto for under 40 bucks...hopefully I wont need the spider.Thanks! Bobby

Reply to
bobby swift

Bobby-I'd bet the regulator will work that is unless there are further problems but I guess that is what life is about! You've always got this site to fall back on. Betcha you've got a 4L60E also which won't help you but...good luck jerry@peru-motors

bobby swift wrote:

Reply to
jerry