99 burban code

OK....have had a service engine soon light on in my 99 K1500 Suburban 4x4 for sometime now. Took it to AutoZone to have scanned. They scanned and gave me a code of P0430 and said that could be everything from a catalytic converter to a loose muffler clamp! Lot of good that did! Can anyone narrow that code down more or help my narrow it down?

Reply to
Brian Houghtby

Shep

Reply to
SnoMan

Nope, bank2 cat efficiency below threshold.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Not on my scanner codes.

SnoMan

I guess you have a problem then.

SAE defines it as a bank 2 cat efficiency code. (since it is a P0 code, it is SAE defined ) My Mitchell On Demand defines it as a bank 2 cat efficiency code. AllData at the shop up the street defines it as a bank 2 cat efficiency code. My GM OBD2 factory training manuals define it as a bank 2 efficiency code. My aftermarket OBD2 training manuals define it as a bank 2 cat efficiency code. i-ATN defines it as a bank 2 cat efficiency code Pages and pages of Googling P0430 point it out to be a bank 2 cat efficiency code.

So, 'zactly what blinky doo-dad it telling you it's a cam position sensor code? And while we're at it, what does your blinky doo-dad define a P0420 as?

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Reply to
Shep