99 s-10 transfer case

Hey, my buddy has a 99 s-10 with the 4.3 and the "three button" 4-wheel system, those are his words lol, well i my self am more of a jeep guy but im trying to help him out, i need to know what t-case he has because he cracked the rear houseing of the t-case and snapped the drive shaft, yeah i know hes a real smart guy but whats done is done, the junkyards are telling him they'll only sell complete t-cases not just the rear housing so i guess i have a couple of questions, what t-case does he most likley have, what options/upgrades are available if complete replacement is neccasary, and does any one have one for sale? either an entire case or just the housing. i can try to get more info out of him if you need it any information would be helpful thanks so much

Reply to
Brandrew000