alt.trucks.chevy

I have spent a lot of money beefing a TH350 a couple of years ago, should have done a 700R with overdrive, but to late. So my question is can a TH350 be modified to the TH350C that has the electric lock up torque converter. That way in a perfect would I could drop the RPM by

500 is my understanding on the freeway.
Reply to
cabopeter

Nope!

Get an RV Converter. Lower stall, less slippage.

Reply to
Shades

Reply to
cabopeter

I have to best parts you can put in a TH350. I don't think slippage is a problem. But thanks for the suggestion.

Reply to
cabopeter

It doesn't matter how good your trans was put together..... the torque converter does have a certain amount of slippage. That is the whole reason lock up converters became the norm. Since you have a TH350 which doesn't use a lock up converter an RV converter is the next best thing. Bob

Reply to
Bob

ALL automatic transmissions have slippage! Even a little bit! Whether its at the converter or at the clutches...

Reply to
Shades

This is true though it is a very small amount with a locking converter. If you want to calculate your actual slippage you can try the link below. Also non locking stock converters get at "tight" as they are going to get above 2500 RPM or so.

The SnoMan

SnoMan

sure

merely change the case, pump, input drum assembly, valve body and add appropriate wiring

nothing to it

Reply to
Jasper Towing & Dragging, LLCC