Another Air Filter Thread.....

Talked to Edelbrocks tech department yesterday, when you use thier MPFI manifold you use the stock throttle body. Specs say it is 1 and 5/16" higher than stock, so far so good. I was having a slight problem with the Proform case fitting all the way around (it was hitting the MAP sensor) which is on a angled bracket, just bend it back he says, why the hell didn't I think of that, stupid Pindar. I ask him about the fender ram tube, because I'm taking it off, I want more air flow to the MPFI. Then he tells me to get more stock throttle body GASKETS and glue them together to raise the height of the throttle body. Hmmmm, now this is getting very interesting. I can't wait to get this together. Raising the throttle higher brings in more air. So the filter should keep up with higher air flow.

I wanna see what happens when the whole system comes together, lets take this '91 Sierra to the track, wheeeeeeeeeeee.

Pindar

Reply to
Pindar/King

Do NOT glue throttle body gaskets together. That has to be some of the stupidest advice I have ever heard. If you want to raise the throttle body, use a throttle body spacer, designed specifically for that task.

If you bought enough gaskets to bring it up far enough to make a difference, you'll have already spent more than what a TB spacer will cost you.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Reply to
Cheryl and Rob

I dunno but that sure sounded alot like sarcasm to me.....................

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

"Cheryl and Rob"

Well, they may have had a note of sarcasm in it but they did speak the truth. Why anyone would bother to glue gaskets together is beyond me.

Rich B

Hey Doc,

You do know your shit, and I ain't being sarcastic, either. Were you in the HSW Forums before they shut it down?

Regards, Franko

Reply to
Franko

I had no intention of gluing the gaskets together, and I am well aware of throttle body spacers, I was just telling the group what Edelbrocks tech dept. told me

Pindar

Reply to
Pindar/King

No, never heard of it actually!

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

How Stuff Works Forum...

'Twas a great place to get information. You "sound" just like this guy who described to me in detail how to replace the headlight switch on my '86

6.2NA Suburban which was mounted on the steering wheel... size of bolt heads, position of connectors, how to lay down under the dash, etc. Helped out many of us DIYers. Worked for GM design engineering or something like that. Anyhow, keep on trucking, Doc...

Regards, Franko

Reply to
Franko