New 350 almost ready...

Well gentlemen, my new 350 is in the engine compartment, Edelbrocks MPFI manifold is on, new EGR valve, new PCV valve, new higher capacity fuel pump is in the tank, new TES headers are on (the preheat tube has been plugged), new chip is in the computer, new plug wires, new distributor, new coil and a new flexplate, that pissed me off, (4 broken teeth) the tranny is still good. My mechanic started her up this morning. New pipe(s) had to be fabricated to run from the Y pipe to the muffler's 3" inlet (Flowmaster), remember there is no cat converter on this rig.

Even without the whole exhaust hooked up it still sounded sweet, loud sweet. I'm plugging the PCV hose on the tall ring on the TBI, and running it from the new air cleaner assembly.

Why the hell did I spend all this money on her, I could have bought a used Sierra. I bought her new in April 1991, I want to go another 162,000 miles with her. Jesus I love this truck.

I'm hoping Edelbrocks manifold gives me the fuel mileage and power increase I was looking for. If anything breaks, I wont hesitate to ask the esteemed members that hang out here.

Pindar

Reply to
Pindar/King

Cheryl and Rob

Cool aint it?!

Same here, back in July, for an 89 K2500.

I sent the Eldentrash intake back. The little adapter they sent for the brake line was a joke. I could have rigged it up very nicely, but figured they didn't try hard enough, so why should I. Soap and water, and a new paint job for the old intake did the trick. I also changed everything over to roller this and that. Comp cam Pro Magnum roller rockers, roller cam (475 In, 480 Ot), Comp Cam push rods, springs and shims.

It ran alittle ruff for about a week, and then the computer figured the new sep up out pretty good. Smooth sailing now.

For no other reason then piece of mind, change that oil after the first 50 miles, then after the first 500, then back to every 2000/3000.

HDS

Reply to
HDS