anyone have the 4l60 4x4 ttc repair ?

I have a 1998 Bazer with the 1-2 weird shift.. wiplash style every now and then but no check engine light... I hear it was an issue...but can't find the 4x4 instructions to repair this TTC valve which gets worn. Any info would be great, as I am hearing all sorts conflicting info on either to .. get a shift kit which includes the steps and valve, OR buy a new valve body.... which is like $500.. Thanx again

Reply to
ChEvRoLeT

On my 2000 Silverado I have been chasing this issue for years. I have the hard 1-2 shift that's intermittent and mine did not light the check engine light. I checked for codes and had the dreaded P1870 (IIRC). The truck was under warranty and the dealer replaced the valve body. That lasted about 10k miles and then the P1870 was back. I then had a Sonnax valve sleeve put in with a new valve body by an independent shop. That lasted about 25k but luckily still under warranty. They gave me a new transmission that had been "beefed up" according to them and I haven't had an issue since (~25k miles). I wish I could have just got the new trans in the first step.

HTH

Derek

Reply to
genius

Reply to
ChEvRoLeT

Reply to
ChEvRoLeT

Reply to
Shep

I'll have to hunt for the part number, but I am sure I have it somewhere. I was told this was better done by a shop as special tools were required to hone out the valve bore enough to fit the sleeve.

Derek

Reply to
genius

Here's some sites that I have bookmarked when I was going to attempt to do it myself.

a neat video showing the procedure. They also sell the kit. These guys have the heavy duty sun shell carrier and the other parts as well.

genius

Reply to
ChEvRoLeT

Reply to
Shep

I am not sure if this does this but it descibed my vehicle to a T Where do I get this TTC thing your talking about ?

Reply to
ChEvRoLeT

Reply to
Shep