90 K1500 brake light problem

Let me repost this since I didn't get any answers. Feel sure someone on here has had this problem before!

I have a 90 model K1500 chevy 4X4. The dash light that lights up when the parking brake is applied keeps flashing on and off. It is at regular intervals, just like a turn signal when it is on, and at about that speed. Both brake lights are working and all other dash lights are working properly.

Anyone have any ideas?

Charles

Reply to
<bridgescharles

Charles,

What other diagnostics have you done? Is the break mastercylinder full? What's the owners manual say about that light flashing? Are there any obvious leaks at the wheel cylinders? When was the last time you had the brake fluid flushed, or system bled? Need more info. Could be a lot of things.

Reply to
Dzlman95

There's a black plastic box with two connectors on it attached to the bracket that the master cylinder attachs to. This is the RWAL control module. Try unplugging the connectors for about 30 sec(key off). If your light goes out, there's a problem with the RWAL. Drive it around until the light comes back on and then take it to the dealer and have them scan it for codes.

-- Old Crow "Yol Bolsun!" '82 FLTC-P "Miss Pearl" '74 XLH chopper(gone but not forgotten) BS#133, SENS, TOMKAT, MAMBM

Reply to
Old Crow