Chevy Stroker Engine

I have a 93 GM truck with a 350 in it. I am considering rebuilding it to a 383 stroker engine. Do I need to change the fuel pump, fuel lines or injectors for this engine to work well. I am only looking for the increase in torque for pulling a trailer or heavier loads on the truck. The one am am looking at should give me optimum performance at about 5500 RPM. Is there anything else I should be aware of before I do this?

Reply to
Yen

offers corporate packages that have access to 100,000+newsgroups

Reply to
Shep

Make sure the cam is a cam for a MAP based injection system.

I hope this helps.

Reply to
Refinish King

If you're towing, are you sure you want your max power up at 5500 rpm? You may want to choose a different cam or engine package to get some torque down low. Just my .02

Reply to
89GMC

Go for best torque and highest efficiency at cruise speed rpm's.

BTW, looking at the age of the beast, 15 years old and aging by the day, is this what you *really* want to use for a heavy load machine at highway speeds?

Reply to
nonsense

That was my first thought as well.

Reply to