Convert from 350 Carb to TBI

I found a full harness and computer from a 88 Chevy 1/2 ton 350. It has everything but the O2 sensors. I was told a 4.3 throttle body will work, but I bet I would need bigger injectors.

TO make a long story short, does anybody know of a site that lists everything I need to do to my 85 K10 350V8 to convert it over to TBI?

The parts are cheap but won't last long. Just need to get some info before I plop down the cash.

Thanks, Marcus ICScout_NOSPAM snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net

Reply to
Marc

summit has books on this stuff...

-Bret

Reply to
Bret Chase

Wish I could have thought about that myself.

Anybody know of a website that has this information?

Marcus

Reply to
Marc

Really, all you need are the injectors, all of the sensors, the computer and calpack.mempack and you should be good.

4.3 TBIs are just like 5.7 TBIs, but you will need the larger injectors. You'll also need a 5.7 chip and calpack/mempack I believe, though the computer module itself is identical.

So basically, you're better off getting everything from a 5.7 because purchasing the right parts might end up negating the savings on the 4.3 gear.

Sam

Reply to
GaWd

ECMs may be the same -they may not be. On my '90 K1500, the ECM was completely different. I didn't even have a calpack or whatever it is called. All I had was one main EPROM and a blank spot where it appeared the second may have been placed in some applications.

Check part numbers before making a decision on this.

Snowman

Reply to
Snowman

The computer and harness are from an 88 silverado 350. The throttle body was from an 88 astrovan.

The problem lies in the sensors. He doesn't have them. Motor is gone. Just a complete harness and computer. I was under the impression that I didn't necessarily need all of the sensors and the computer could be programmed to run without them.

Also, can you run a standard 4 or two barrel intake or must it be specifically for a throttle body? Do they make adapters from one to the other?

Marcus

Reply to
Marc

You MUST have all of the sensors and you MUST have the proper TBI intake.

If you can't find an available TBI intake, buy an Edelbrock or something...might as well get a little more performance out of it.

Sam

Reply to
GaWd