Dumb Question - '92 s10 Blazer

Does anyone know off-hand what the oil capacity is for the 4.3 liter? Engine is stock, with remote oil filter and oil cooler in radiator, both also stock. Every time I get an oil change I end up with the dipstick showing that the oil is over full by at least 1 qt. This happens no matter what I say to the service writer. Apparently the service tech's always "know best". I know the simplest fix would be to do it myself, but medical conditions (asthma, emphysema, two heart attacks) make that very difficult.

Thanks in Advance

N.M.W.B.A.o.O.

Reply to
No Mail Will Be Answered or Op

Mike Levy

My wifey's 4.3 calls for 4.5 quarts, but 5 quarts brings the level just below the "full" line. You find the same thing?

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Yeah, around there. I took the old truck to a Mobil station and paid the $43 to have them do the change with Mobil 1. The last time I took it in they mentioned to me that they were doing that, I hadn't noticed any issues with it so they did it that time also. I think I'll check the level in my 2000, see how that one's doing, did my first change in April, have at least one long trip coming up this week. Looked at the color of the oil over the weekend, still looks good, coming up on 2K since the change. I know the truck isn't leaking oil, sure hope it's not burning...

Reply to
Mike Levy