Duramax Fuel Economy

When I'm cruising down the interstate, what is the best engine rpm for best fuel economy assuming level roads & little or no load in the truck?

Does your recommendation change if the truck is heavily loaded?

Thanks Craig

Reply to
Dave

I consistently get 22 mpg at 65 - 70 mph freeway driving which tachs out about 2000 rpm. Pulling a 7000 lb trailer I get 16 mpg driving 1/2 mountains and 1/2 flat land. Tach is all over the place when in tow/haul and in the mountains and again around 2000 rpm on the flats. I've got a '04 LB7. Check out

if you haven't already, a bunch of great guys and more info than you could ever want.Paul

Reply to
Paul in Redland