headlight replacement

I have a 1997 k1500 silverado. Recently noticed the headlights are getting dim (or I am getting old). Checked the alignment per the service manual (lights pointed at flat surface). The headlights do not have a good pattern. Very spread out.

Thinking of changing bulbs to the Sylvania silstar. The headlight adjustment gear (left side , up down) is also stripped (never has been touched). Want to change the factory housings to APC diamond.

Any suggestions?

Thanks Joe

Reply to
Joe

Michael McNeil

Reply to
Cheryl and Rob

I *think* I saw a news item that some states were going to outlaw the mod to HID. Something about leaving the factory lamps intact. I run silverstars, too, and the brightness is about the same.

Reply to
George