Help

Hey Guys,

I have a 1991 GMC Sonoma 4.3L that has 106K original miles and is running really strange. It has a bad hesitation promblem around town and going up a hill, forget about it. Now if I'm going along about 40 or 50 MPH and mash on the gas, it acts like it's not getting any gas and actually looses power and speed, rapidly. Can anyone help me with a possible direction before I take it to the shop. Please, thank you.

Reply to
tieunknots

Bad epileptic (catalytic) converter.

Reply to
KENG

Hey Keng, thanks for the heads-up. I'll take it in and hopefully be back on the road smooth and easy. Thanks again.

Reply to
tieunknots

Make sure they pressure test the exhaust first. In my experience this is the most likely, but there are other things that can cause it. It is classic symptoms though.

Reply to
KENG

Good morning, and thanks again for the advice. I have an appointment this morning and hopefully this will do the trick. I will have them pressure first. Have a good day - I'll let you know how it turned out.

Reply to
tieunknots

Keng, or should I call you "King"? I just returned from the shop having a nwe catalytic converter installed and the difference in greater than night and day. You were right on and the truck runs great. Thank you for your insight and knowledge. Have a wonderful day.

Reply to
tieunknots

NP... Thanks for the feedback on the resolution. We all like to make suggestions, and it is satisfying when ours is right. KenG

Reply to
KENG