how to vacuum test a 1997 5.7L engine?

I'd like to hook up a vacuum gauge to the intake manifold of a 1997 chevy 3/4 ton 4-wheel drive pickup with a 5.7 L engine but it doesn't seem to have any port through which to do this. It is a two-piece manifold, the upper portion being plastic on top of which is the throttle barrel and fuel injection. How is this done these days?

The last time I did any vacuum testing it was 20 years ago and on a Datsun with a simple carburator.

Reply to
david

. . ====== ====== how to vacuum test a 1997 5.7L engine? Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Thu, Aug 5, 2004, 2:17pm (CDT+5) From: snipped-for-privacy@webcom.com (david)

I'd like to hook up a vacuum gauge to the intake manifold of a 1997 chevy 3/4 ton 4-wheel drive pickup with a 5.7 L engine but it doesn't seem to have any port through which to do this. It is a two-piece manifold, the upper portion being plastic on top of which is the throttle barrel and fuel injection.

How is this done these days?

The last time I did any vacuum testing it was 20 years ago and on a Datsun with a simple carburator. =========== ===========

Tap into an existing vac source.

Look just behind the brake master cylinder, you should find one somewhere in that area.

MarshMonster ~:~ ====== ======

Reply to
Marsh Monster