O2 Sensors - Silverado

I have a '99 (new model) Chevy Silverado 4x4 2500 extended cab w/6.0 engine.

Currently it is intermittently throwing Bank 2 Sensor 2 codes (three different ones - PO160, 161 and another) every once in a while.

My question is this:

I've heard that for each bank, sensor 1 is for monitoring only and won't throw a code if they are bad. Is it possible to swap sensor 1 with sensor 2 as a temporary fix to keep the MIL from lighting up at odd moments?

Another question:

I've heard that the Knock Sensor will often intermittently short and retard the timing/lean the mixture causing an intermittent stutter/miss (something my truck seems to be doing right now at idle), is there any validity to this claim?

TIA

Reply to
[SMF]

Bank 2 is the passenger side. Sensor 1 is always the upstream sensor , before the catalytic converter. Sensor 2 is always the downstream sensor after the catalytic converter. A sensor 2 P0160/p0161 code could be a bad sensor, a bad cat, a mounting wire for the sensor that's come loose and melted, etc. They're $50 each or less, depending on which supplier you go with. I would not switch them.

Reply to
Augustus