Performance mods for a 1990 F-250

I have a 1990 F-250. This truck has a 302 cu. in. engine, it also has the mazda

5-speed overdrive tranny. It, obviously, is a little underpowered especially when passing at 65-75 mph (2,250-2,750 rpm) i am going to fix the exhaust next, it has stock manifolds, two catalytic converters, and a glasspack, ew! I am also looking into, chips, new ignition components(like msd) and possibly even a supercharger or twin turbos. if you want to warn me about anything i mentioned or tell me about something that might work better, please do, thanks.
Reply to
lvin4jc

Drive under an overhead hoist and lift up the antenna. Slide a Chevy underneath it and lower antenna back onto the truck. You're done.

You may have gotten into the wrong group by accident. This is a Chevy group.

Other than that, it sounds like you've got your bases covered. Maybe change the gear ratio if you're looking for low end or for towing.

Snowman

mazda 5-speed overdrive tranny. It, obviously, is a little underpowered especially when passing at 65-75 mph (2,250-2,750 rpm) i am going to fix the exhaust next, it has stock manifolds, two catalytic converters, and a glasspack, ew! I am also looking into, chips, new ignition components(like msd) and possibly even a supercharger or twin turbos. if you want to warn me about anything i mentioned or tell me about something that might work better, please do, thanks.

Reply to
Snowman

You do realize this is a CHEVY newsgroup, right?

mazda 5-speed overdrive tranny. It, obviously, is a little underpowered especially when passing at 65-75 mph (2,250-2,750 rpm) i am going to fix the exhaust next, it has stock manifolds, two catalytic converters, and a glasspack, ew! I am also looking into, chips, new ignition components(like msd) and possibly even a supercharger or twin turbos. if you want to warn me about anything i mentioned or tell me about something that might work better, please do, thanks.

Reply to
burntkat IS AT comcast.net

He who walks through the shadows of the valley of death shall fear no evil............ Hahahahahahahahaha

mazda 5-speed overdrive tranny. It, obviously, is a little underpowered especially when passing at 65-75 mph (2,250-2,750 rpm) i am going to fix the exhaust next, it has stock manifolds, two catalytic converters, and a glasspack, ew! I am also looking into, chips, new ignition components(like msd) and possibly even a supercharger or twin turbos. if you want to warn me about anything i mentioned or tell me about something that might work better, please do, thanks.

Reply to
Demon

The wrecker attached to the front should improve gas mileage considerably

Reply to
alasatian

good engine. Tall deck?

What did you use for an intake manifold?

Snowman

a kick-ass chevy, a 1974 burban, w/a 427 5-ton dump truck engine, i even bedlinered the whole truck. But i was being towed by ford's like twice a month, so i bought one and i've been towing chevy's ever since. (oh yeah, the fuel mileage also sucked, like 6-8mpg)

Reply to
Snowman

ok, ok, i moved it to ford's side, you guys are brutal. btw, i used to own a kick-ass chevy, a 1974 burban, w/a 427 5-ton dump truck engine, i even bedlinered the whole truck. But i was being towed by ford's like twice a month, so i bought one and i've been towing chevy's ever since. (oh yeah, the fuel mileage also sucked, like 6-8mpg)

Reply to
lvin4jc

I don't know anything for your truck, but *I* don't mind you telling me what you've done once you've done it! Post links to pix when things come along! It'll never be as good as your chevy *could* have been - but it's not crappinese!

~KJ~

mazda 5-speed overdrive tranny. It, obviously, is a little underpowered especially when passing at 65-75 mph (2,250-2,750 rpm) i am going to fix the exhaust next, it has stock manifolds, two catalytic converters, and a glasspack, ew! I am also looking into, chips, new ignition components(like msd) and possibly even a supercharger or twin turbos. if you want to warn me about anything i mentioned or tell me about something that might work better, please do, thanks.

Reply to
KJ