Re: 98 S-10 dead battery

I think I would start by finding what is causing the draw(S) with the ampmeter in line. First start with disconnecting the alternator wiring, then individual fuses from the panel to kinda give you a hint where to go.

> Left idle for 36 hours, and battery totally dead. I got in, and > pushed the electric lock, and the buttons barely moved. The > starter just chattered. I could not find any evidence of a light > left on. The back hatch was closed (that turns on the dome light, > if left almost - closed.) > > New battery in February. Autocraft Titanium, from Advance Auto. > I'd had three other dead battery moments this year, and finally > took the battery back for exchange. > > Put charger on for a couple hours. Alternator runs at 14.5 volts. > With engine off, disconnect the battery. Ammeter in line, draws > about 1.3 amps, and then settles down to about .43 amps after a > few seconds. > > Does this sound like I need another brand of battery? Is the > Titanium a bad line? > > -- > > Christopher A. Young > You can't shout down a troll. > You have to starve them. > . > >
Reply to
MikeG

If it's really .43 Amps, it's way too much. Find out what's on. Do you have an after market stereo amp or an alarm?

Al

Reply to
Big Al

Anyone who idles an engine for 36 hours deserves a hell of a lot worse than a dead battery.

Reply to
Raymond Sirois

Could likely be the under hood mecury activated light.Mine killed the new battery,when I parked uphill.So I took the bulb out. Bobby

Reply to
bobby swift