92 Integra - Heater Blower stopped NOT resistor!

Page 1 of 16
The heater fan/blower on my 92 Integra has totally stopped function. The blower resistor has been replaced but the blower still does not work. Checked for current reaching connector at Resistor - NONE;
next, removed the fan control knob and checked for current in each connection point . Again NO current. I checked all fuses Inside and under hood) but see none which appear to be a blower fuse. Also all fuses seem have current. My thinking is problem is between the fan control know and ignition. A wiring diagram would help in checking out the circuits. Any ideas welcome as winter is fast approaching and the defrost is a must Thanks
On Sun, 30 Oct 2011 19:39:20 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@rogers.com wrote:

Interesting but I have a similar problem on my 1991 Acura The blower doesn't run and I think that it's frozen. I don't have power on the cigarette socket also. All the fuses look OK.
One day I started the car and a smell of pc board burning and smoke came inside of the car. The fan switch was in the middle position and didn't turn. I believe that a high current melted the contacts on that position. I forced the switch and it rotated. I started to follow the book instructions but I gave up after removing a few panels. Acceptability of the blower is not easy. I have the manual but doesn't help. I believe the manual isn't an accurate representation of the actual circuit. I am thinking of selling the car as is and let some one fix it.
The service manual was available on the Internet thanks to Tegger
John
On Mon, 31 Oct 2011 16:01:58 -0400, John wrote:

I must also add that the radio also lost power
john wrote in

Both the cigarette lighter and the radio are fed by a 10-amp fuse in thge under-dash fuse box. Check for a blown one.
As for the blower itself, Honda calls the entire duct assembly the "blower", which kind of confuses things. All you want is the /motor/. The motor should drop out of the bottom of the duct with nothing more than the removal of the three bolts you can see from the bottom. There should be no need to remove the duct from the car.
--
Tegger

replying to John , Susanne wrote:

I also have a 91 Acura Integra with this same issue. The heater works but the blower does not. The cigarette lighter and radio do not work either. The problem started as intermittent but after a few months, the blower and radio quit completely. They both started back up for a short time on a very hot day (101.7°) last summer. I don't know if the heat / expansion was a factor. I am coming up on winter and could use the defroster. I wondered if anybody had solved this mystery. Susanne
The D4 light on the dash started blinking recently, along with the speedometer acting strangely (like randomly dropping to 0 mph while I'm driving 40. Apparently this is due to the speed sensor going bad, which I guess is not uncommon.
How difficult is this to replace?
Thanks for any advice.
-Gary
I have exactly the same problem. Same year and model, same indications. It is intermittent for now.

speed sensor. how difficut is to replace?
Have to replace the heater blower motor in my 95 Integra GSR. Is this a challenge to change? -brian
On 13 Sep 2004 00:47:28 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (BCLedfoot) wrote:

I haven't done an Integra, but in my Legend the blower is above the passenger's feet. Remove one plastic cover and the blower comes out with 3 or 4 screws. Very easy.
Hi i was reading your response about the location of the blower motor, i am in a similar situation except i'm working on a 90 integra. I've found the motor and removed the screws, but cannot seperate the motor (rod?) from the actual fan part.. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
On Fri, 02 Dec 2005 14:04:09 -0500, "ihatemyacura"

The fan should come out with the motor. The fan is held on to the motor shaft by one nut. You should be able to hold the fan and loosen the nut.
I have a 2004 Acura TL. I wish to install a trailer hitch for the sole purpose of installing a bicycle rack? Availability is a problem. Does anyone have any ideas? I've tried a few trailer hitch sites with no luck.
The TL is not rated for towing. Towing may void your warranty. I don't think there is a hitch because Acura does not want one on the TL.
Because of the rear suspension geometry, there is rapid wear on the rear tires with a heavy load of rear seat passengers or in the trunk. I am guessing that a towing load would exacerbate that wear.

"Xpditor1" wrote: > The TL is not rated for towing. Towing may void your > warranty. I don't > think there is a hitch because Acura does not want one on the > TL. > > Because of the rear suspension geometry, there is rapid wear > on the rear > tires with a heavy load of rear seat passengers or in the > trunk. I am > guessing that a towing load would exacerbate that wear. > > >
> > >I have a 2004 Acura TL. I wish to install a trailer hitch > for the sole > > purpose of installing a bicycle rack? Availability is a > problem. Does > > anyone have any ideas? I've tried a few trailer hitch sites > with no luck. > >
these guys claim to have developed a hitch for the TL
http://www.all-acura.com/ftopict-969.html
I?m considering buying a TL but have the same issue as many owners. I don?t want to install a roof rack on a new car.
Id?l also be curious to get feedback on the car -- comfort and performance are my key areas of concern. I do all long distance highway driving. Oh yeah, and gas mileage is bcoming more of an issue too.
Anyone:
Has anyone installed a turbocharger on a Generation 3 (94-01) Integra? Did you have a good experience or was it more trouble or less effective than its worth (cost to purchase)?
Troy
Troy Lumley wrote:

Check out the forums at: http://www.honda-tech.com/

Putting a turbo on such a hi-compression motor as the 94-01 GSR would make a motor that requires super-high octane,and may not last very long,or not make a lot more power.I suspect boost would have to be limited.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Jim Yanik wrote:

Of course, compression ratios can be changed... The higher the PSI you desire, the lower the compression ratio pistons you will need.

The OP appeared to desire a bolt-on application,not go into major motor mods.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik