Re: Chevy - overall thoughts on the 327?

Well here are my thoughts on the 5.3 liter engine, my last two trucks were a

98 Z71 4x4 with 5.7 liter, was a pig on gas and had average power and acceleration, towing power was average, next vehicle was a 2000 Sierra with 5.3, fuel economy was noticably better towing about the same, acceleration noticably better than the 5.7, now I have a brand new, chevy avalanche with the 5.3 and I have noticed that the acceleration is not nearly as good as the Sierra but I am hoping that it is just break in, towing is about the same, ride is 100% better. I have heard that the Avalanche is sitting on a Burb frame, don't know if that is true but could be the reason why it feels so much better. I also heard that the Avalanche is a much heavier vehicle which could explain the reason for not as good acceleration. Just my 2 cents worth.
Reply to
PAUL

Read his post again, Gary. He did not post the bore/stroke for the LT1, LS1, or LS6; which is *EXACTLY* the motors I listed. Actually, no need to google - here is the original statement, and his response:

You might want to fire your classroom, if in fact they told you that an LT1, LS1 or LS6 had a 4 inch bore and 4 inch stroke. :-)

They gave you the bore/stroke for the L31 (which is in my Yukon and Suburban though)

LS1 (my 1998 and 2001 C5 Coupes)

346 ci 3.905 Bore X 3.622 Stroke

LS6 ( 2003 Z06)

346 ci 3.905 Bore X 3.622 Stroke

LT1 (my 1988 C4 Vette Coupe)

346 ci 3.905 Bore X 3.622 Stroke
Reply to
<Hobbes

well, a '350 Chevy' is 4.000 x 3.480, has been since the late 60's

that's what he referred to, and that's what his formula was calculating

any questions ?

Reply to
Gary Glaenzer

Did I shoot myself in the foot by throwing in Mobil 1 at 2,500 miles? Like you, my acceleration is not as good as my 5.7's. Perhaps I am just noticing something that is the same in the other vehicles but was missed. My biggest beef about the Avalanche is on the highway - I really have to get deep into the pedal to hold speed going up a minor hill.

Reply to
<Hobbes

My question would be related to him posting the L31 engine bore/stroke when I explicitely stated LT1, LS1, LS6. You will notice in my response (had you read it) that I told him that he gave the bore/stroke for the L31 and not the LT1, LS1 or LS6. Any questions? You seem to be attempting to start a confrontation - is that a correct assumption, Gary?

Reply to
<Hobbes

Yes. Why can't you read? I did not question his math; but in fact I questioned why he used the specs of an L31 when I *EXPLICITELY* stated LT1, LS1 or LS6.

What part of the following question do you seem to not understand: "... my Chevies with 350's (LT1, LS1, and LS6) are only 348 ci, IIRC."

What part of "(LT1, LS1, and LS6)" are you not able to grasp?!?!?!?

Why do you want contfrontation? Do you not get enough attention at home?

Reply to
<Hobbes

For someone that does not care (and has no value to add to the conversation); you sure are trolling and humping my leg with every post. How many killfiles are you in, Gary? I do not find it necessary to list vehicles to make you feel bad about your lot in life - that's for you to work out - all I mentioned was that Chevy calls the 350 / 5.7 in some of my vehicles incorrectly - they are 346's.

The only error is that you seem to think an LS1, LT1, and LS6 are 350 ci.

Reply to
<Hobbes

no, the error was yours

telling the other person that his math was wrong, that he claimed the engine(s) under discussion had a 4" stroke

I can re-post the part where you said that, if you'd like, since you found it necessary to snip it out

Reply to
Gary Glaenzer

I fixed it for you.

Reply to
<Hobbes

you lose, asshole

Reply to
Gary Glaenzer

And you top post, leg hump, and troll; loser. Which is more despicable on Usenet, loser? Shame on you, loser.

Reply to
<Hobbes

aawwwwww................whassamatter, little one ?

did hobbsey get all embarrassed and wet himself when I showed where he screwed the pooch ?

does it hurt hobbsey's tender widdle feelings to have his major f*ck-up exposed ?

does it crush poor little hobbsey's ego to point out that he's a post-snipping, content-forging asshole ?

tough shit, boy, if you want to run with the big dogs, be prepared to have a major chunk bitten outa your ass when you expose it for all the world to see

goodbye, LOSER

Reply to
Gary Glaenzer

Reply to
Gary Glaenzer

Here is a biscuit.

Reply to
<Hobbes

350 CID 4" bore 3.48" stroke 4 X 4 is bore squared X .7854 is something to do with pi but I can't remember what X 8 is the number of cylinders X 3.48 is the stroke

4 X 4 X 0.7854 X 8 X 3.48 = 349.848576

-- Regards Gordie

Reply to
The Nolalu Barn Owl