Re: Greasing her up

to put it simply:

upper and lower ball joints

every place there is a joint or pivot in the steering system

universal joints in drive train

Finally got a good grease gun and ready to take it to the truck. This is an > '85 K5 Blzaer with a 6.2L diesel. Since I don't know a lot about greasing a > vehicle, could this group please tell me where all I need to grease > regularly? Thanks. > >
Reply to
Gary Glaenzer

Mark Godfrey

Ya, that's about it. Unless you happen to have greasable spring pin bushings, which is highly unlikely. Your axles(diffs) use gear oil, a 75w90 or 80w90 depending on climate. Your wheel bearings must be manually removed, inspected and packed with a good high temperature grease. And you absolutely don't want grease, gear oil or anything inside your brake drums, especially brake fluid, if a brake cylinder goes and it leaks to the braking surface of your drum, the drums and pads are history even if they're new. They must be replaced.

| > upper and lower ball joints | >

| > every place there is a joint or pivot in the steering system | >

| > universal joints in drive train | >

| |

Reply to
Luke

Reply to
Wayne Jones

Colorado Springs, CO My advice may be worth what you paid for it.

Reply to
Dan Dunphy