Re: So why is it nobody ever answered the question?

"William R. Walsh" wrote

but I'm sure we can all live without the extra crap. Sheesh. It isn't FUN > when this kind of thing happens. > > Plink, plank, plunk and plonk. > > William the somewhat poetic Usenet hassle & fuss eliminator...

Well...I for one am excited to see that "someone" cares about this newsgroup as much as William. Kudos' to you, my boy.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Just about the same thing just happened to our '86 GMC. Gas consumption went up gradually Black in the exhaust pipe Stuttering at idle Low power and poor throttle response at highway speeds and all of a sudden it took off like a scalded cat but we didn't press the throttle any further at the same time. Stalled and then hard to start

When I put my hand to the end of the soot pipe I pulled it back very VERY quickly becaue it was smoking hot. I crawled underneath and the cat was as hot as my woodstove.

Cat is almost totally plugged. A new one is on order. 17 years is good service if you ask me since the one on our '95 Chrysler Jeep lasted ONLY 8 years before trying to start the rug on fire LOL

-- Regards Gordie

Reply to
The Nolalu Barn Owl