Re: water in tailpipe

I know that condensation is a bi-product of combustion but even

after this

truck has driven 20 miles on a warm day it still has a small vapor cloud > coming from the tail pipe. I checked the droplets and they are pure water, > no smell of coolant and the rad never moves, any thoughts? Truck in question > is a 91 Z71 with 100k on it. > > Thanks : Dave. > >

I'd be interested to know if it was still there after 50 miles? Have you had it since it was new? Would too cool of thermostat not let the engine/exhaust get hot enough to burn off the water in that distance? I wonder if a large muffler could hold enough water not to burn it all off in 20 miles.

Hatt

Reply to
DJ Hatt

Water vapor is a bi-product of the catalyst convert.

--

98 Camaro

Reply to
98 Camaro

My 1983 C10 does the same thing. Water will drip from the tail pipe for 20 minutes some time. Put I never have to add water to the cooling system.

Reply to
NoSpam

I've also seen blown intake-manifold gaskets do the same thing. Is ther a vassaleen-looking gell inside the oil cap? Loose just a little water (refil

1/week or 2?)? Try spray> My 1983 C10 does the same thing. Water will drip from the tail pipe for 20
Reply to
reitze