Rebuilt engine

I just had the engine in my 89 rebuilt, after 3000 mile it just stopped dead on the road, and will not turn over. oil level and coolant was full , the engine rebuilder does not want to do any thing to help me. what could of went wrong? I think it will be at battle to get anything done from the rebuilder, any comments will help.

Thanks Tom

Reply to
Tom Humphrey

Stopped dead as in how?

Did it seize fast, did it just stall but still cranks, did it overheat and then stall?

Give as detailed a description as to what happened when it stopped, and if the motor still rotates?

Refinish King

Reply to
Refinish King

maybe it ran outta gas............. I'm sorry, i could not resist

Reply to
Mad Dog

LOFL!

You never know?

Refinish King

PS Maybe it ran out of blinker fluid? that will cause some serious secondary complications, like requiring to remove the intake manifold to take the cap off a vortex distributor?

Reply to
Refinish King

does not turn over no overheating

just took opff from the house going down the street about 5 houses away and it seized up..like right now.

Plenty of gas,,,lol

Ref> Stopped dead as in how?

Reply to
Tom Humphrey

I'd do some investigation, but I think court might be an option....

Reply to
burntkat

That sounds serious!

No joking here, if it's an automatic. A saving grace might be a broken flex plate, but doubtful.

Refinish King

Reply to
Refinish King

. . =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D (Tom=A0Humphrey) wrote in......

I just had the engine in my 89 rebuilt, after 3000 mile it just stopped dead on the road, and will not turn over. oil level and coolant was full , the engine rebuilder does not want to do any thing to help me.

what could of went wrong?

I think it will be at battle to get anything done from the rebuilder,

any comments will help. Thanks

Tom =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D Tom, If that's the case.... your rebuilder needs his arse stomped.

on to yer question......... here's what could have went wrong.

.... the rebuilder didn't rebuild it

the rebuilder wuz drunk when he rebuilt it

the rebuilder wuz take'n himself some good dope trip when he rebuilt it

the rebuilder ain't got a clue bout what he's doing

the rebuilder ain't really a rebuilder

you made a bad decision letting this dude rebuild yer engine

you took the cheapest rebuilder you could find

you didn't let the rebuilder change all the parts that he wanted to...... and now he's telling you to get lost cuz it wuz all yer fault

you insisted on buying the parts that the rebuilder needed....and you bought cheap stuff.....and now he's telling you to get lost cuz it wuz yer fault

you didn't follow the rebuilders advice about break-in proceedures......and now he's tell'n you to get lost cuz it wuz yer fault

the crank broke

a piston snapped

a bearing siezed

lube passages were filthy

wrong parts were installed

oil was not installed

improper torque on bearing caps

you didn't really have it rebuilt......and yer lieing to us

...... my fangers get'n tired now...... I'm thunk'n i've given you a perty good list of "what could'ves" to go over.

hey....... let me know which one it turns out to be, would you?

MarshMonster ~sips his shroomjuice~ =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Reply to
Marsh Monster