Shift rod modification

Good evening and Happy Holidays, Just a quick question. I am working on a friends mid 80's small block 3/4 ton 4X4 Chevy pickup. I have replaced his rotted out headers with a set of Hedman Hustlers
that he came up with. The primaries are larger and differently configured and now the shift rod from the column shifter is hitting them on the top right where the pipes transition into the collectors.
I am just wondering if anyone makes a bracket or something that will enable the use of a cable in place of the stock setup, or is he stuck getting a universal floor shifter set such as the B&M Z- gate? Any and all suggestions are welcome. TIA
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
Add image file
Upload is a website by car enthusiasts for car enthusiasts. It is not affiliated with any of the car or spare part manufacturers or car dealers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.