Shocks for 88 Suburban

I've got an 88 Suburban 1/2 ton 4x4 that needs shocks. Monroe makes Mganums and Gasmatics for it. This is a daily driver, no serious stuff. Will the Magnums be too harsh?

-RC

R.Clarke spam snipped-for-privacy@BlocKmindspring.com RTP, NC, USA

Reply to
R Clarke

BILSTEIN's!!!

or is it 'stiens?

Reply to
Shades

Heh. While I like Bilsteins and installed them on my BMW ages ago, they are probably overkill for this old Suburban.

-RC

R.Clarke spam snipped-for-privacy@BlocKmindspring.com RTP, NC, USA

Reply to
R Clarke

Most likely not. I have the KYB monomax and they stiffen up the truck nicely, no more anoying float.

Cheers

Reply to
Martin Riddle

Reply to
Phantom

I went with Monroe Reflex from A1 Shocks. I had to add an extra spacer on the lower mount so the quad fronts didn't rub on one another. Huge difference over the original shocks. Pogoing is gone (for the time being).