The other day I go to start my 95 Suburban and it is dead as a hammer.
I do the customary "open the hood at stare blankly" for a few minutes
and then get back in and -bam- it starts up like nothing is wrong.
Whilst it was sitting there running I measured the battery voltage at
14.5V. The cables are all tight and clean. In fact the cables are 1
year old. The battery is barely 2 years old. So then I drive off
down the road and then it died. It was like I turned off the
ignition...no gages, no beeps, nothing. So I get out and once again
stare down the engine for a few minutes, get back in and -bam- it
starts right up. All of the fuses are OK. Any body have any idea what
might be going wrong? Thanks
On Fri, 28 Apr 2006 19:16:48 -0500, "Shades"
<shades_1970(at)netins(dot)net> wrote:>Bad connection at the starter...?
Not with this one because power is feed from a pigtail at battery, not
jumpered off of starter. Check all circut connections and connectors
and checl for a bad ground too.
Motorsforum.com is a website by car enthusiasts for car enthusiasts. It is not affiliated with any of the car or spare part manufacturers or car dealers discussed here.
All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.