FORD FOCUS - NO START - IMMOBILIZER PROBLEM?

Last night I stopped outside a shop returned to my car 5 minutes later and it would not start, all electrics came on but the starter motor wouldn't
turn and there were no noises coming from under the bonnet at all, I checked a few fuses etc but everythign seemed ok so I left the car and got a taxi home, I returned to the car this morning and it started 1st time, I've been driving about in the car for about 3 hours and eventually got home, a few minutes ago I jumped back into it to go to the shops and once again absolutely nothing is happening when I try to turn the engine over -all electrics are working, battery power is fine, it's as though something is stopping the ignition signal getting through to the starter motor, I tried my spare key and that gicves the same results so I suppose the keys are fine, could the ECU be knackered?
TIA.
Ursula wrote:

It would be unusual for an ECU to have an intermittent fault. Much more likely to be the starter motor or circuit to it. You need someone with the right skills to test when the fault is present.
Perhaps it may be worth asking in alt.autos.ford.focus?
Chris
--
Remove prejudice to reply.

On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 16:27:49 GMT, Chris Whelan wrote:

The engines in the US ones are different. You may want to try www.ffoc.co.uk

Chris Street wrote:

alt.autos.ford.focus has about twice as many posts from Europe compared to US. A lot of the tips there have been cribbed from Usenet...
The member's zone is currently down for site redevelopment, so access to the forums is not possible.
HTH
Chris
--
Remove prejudice to reply.

On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 22:24:59 GMT, Chris Whelan wrote:

I've been posting on there in the last five minutes though.....

replying to Chris Street, Patricia Nomathemba Tshuma wrote: Hi my car can't start I think it's an immobiliser problems
On 05/11/2016 00:18, Patricia Nomathemba Tshuma wrote:

Tell us all what exactly you think an 'immobiliser' is and does. Then tell us why you think yours is faulty.

I wouldn't - they're probably too busy ;)
Marvin The Mouse wrote:

?
--
Remove prejudice to reply.

Ursula wrote:

Does the red immob light flash rapidly when the ignition is turned on?
Thanks for your replies guys, it turned out to be a faulty ignition relay under the dash.

replying to Ursula, Samt9352 wrote: How do you go about gettin that fixed I have same problem

Ha ha! As it's 10 years after her problem it's a bit hopeful that she's still following this thread!
Post a new message explaining your problem (with make/model/year) and you might get some help.
Tim
replying to Sandy Nuts, DtheV wrote: I have exactly the same problem, the red immobiliser light keeps flashing & wont go out, tried both jets & checked & cleaned fuses, even tried to fuel cut off inside drivers door but was nothing wrong with it, any ideas ?
On 29/11/2015 06:18, DtheV wrote:

3amp fuse f30 in the under bonnet fuse box.
replying to Sandy Nuts, Tee wrote: Yes it does

Another of those bloody forums that wreak havoc. ;-)
--
*Eschew obfuscation *

Killfile anything with a sender address of example.com
--
Adrian C

On 11/06/2016 14:18, Tee wrote:

Does What? We cannot remember what was written 11 years ago!
--
mailto: news admac {dot] myzen co uk

replying to Sandy Nuts, Caz wrote: I have the same problem and been told that its the imobiliser when slowing down my 2005 ford focus cuts out with imobiliser light flashes then takes few mins to start up again then drives normal again for a day or so this has happened 3 times in a week the garage has put me in contact with someone who deals with clocks and imobilisers and i have been quited £100 to fix the problem Anyone else had same problem