Technical Service Bulletin: Suburban Brakes

I have a 97 Chevy Suburban K2500 with a 7.4L engine and I go through front brake pads every 10K to 15K miles. I just discovered a TSB concerning this problem (TSB #99-05-24-001A). However, I'm not sure if replacing the "combination valve" applies to my Suburban. The TSB states that the combination valve to use is P/N#12548265. However, I have called 2 different dealers (parts dept) in my area and both of them say this P/N is for a 1/2-ton with a 5.7L engine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jabs

Reply to
Jabs

Technical Service Bulletin: Suburban Brakes Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Tue, Oct 21, 2003, 10:28pm (CDT+5) From: snipped-for-privacy@nospam.net (Jabs) I have a 97 Chevy Suburban K2500 with a 7.4L engine and I go through front brake pads every 10K to 15K miles. I just discovered a TSB concerning this problem (TSB #99-05-24-001A). However, I'm not sure if replacing the "combination valve" applies to my Suburban. The TSB states that the combination valve to use is P/N#12548265. However, I have called 2 different dealers (parts dept) in my area and both of them say this P/N is for a 1/2-ton with a 5.7L engine. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Jabs

Yeah that is true...Just call up the service dept and give them your vin #.. Then they can tell you of any TSB'S Brake related to your truck.. Or you could just buy the Valve for your Burb and see if it solves the problem...

Steve C.

Reply to
Steve Cook

I looked up that TSB in Mitchell On-Demand. That is the part nr. How 'bout telling the idiot parts guy to just sell you the damn part? Ran into the same problem parts idiot with an S-10 Blazer that I had done some mod's on. He wouldn't sell me the part cause it wasn't for my vehicle!

Gus

Reply to
Binger