Temp gauge part2

Today, the guage got up to 210 before the end of the driveway - about 300', maybe.

A-freeze bubbled out the rad cap when it was cold, as well. What would cause this? I didn't think it would do that unless it was hot.

I was able to add about half a gallon of coolant this morning to the radiator, though.

Does someone have advice on this?

thank you, Snowman

Reply to
Snowman

head casket?

you mean from a stone cold start to the end of your dirveway you hit above 210?

I woulld have to guess a cracked head, block or blown head casket.

But even if the thermostat "locked close" the vehicle should not get that hot so quick.... I would fist make sure the thermostat is working and you are pulling enough air across the radiator....

Verify operation of thermostat then start looking at other areas I mentioned. See if you can do a pressure check on the coolant system.

Reply to
Elbert Clarke