Trailblazer update transfer case

Ok, took the wife's Trailblazer in for service. The T-case would do basically whatever it wanted to. They say it's the module and no they won't fix it under a goodwill policy there.

My wife had new tires put on a couple weeks ago and an alignment. Ever since, the steering has been ridiculously touchy. The dealer says the center link is worn out...? Wouldn't that have been evident before an alignment? I look at the alignment paperwork and the vehicle wasn't listed as a 4x4. Are the 2 models different in alignment requirements?

Also, the center brake light is out. They are LED's and not prone to failure, but alas, it's the 02 (first model year.) I was removed it and was going to open it up (thinking probably bad solder as I had noticed following her a few months ago they were dimmer in the center) but it is completely sealed.

Price after the extended warranty for all that is $270... Comments?

Reply to
Dirty White Boy

An 02 model will need the module replaced and reflashed. Unfortunately, it was only that model year. I would fight that one if I were you. Have you been are reasonably regular customer?

Was this also done at the dealership? If so, they should have been able to figure this out "before" doing the alignment. If you say things have "changed" since the alignment, then I think it's possible that a mistake has been made. I took a look in the service manual, both 4wd and 2wd appear to have identical specs.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

We didn't buy the truck there. Bought in NC. But most of the service has been done there.

No, the local Sears store did it. Thanks for taking a look in the manual for me. I appreciate that! I will talk to the dealer more about the module. Thanks for the insight.

Reply to
Dirty White Boy