engine light

looking for some guidance.I have a 1990 integra auto trans,lately the engine light comes on after 5 minutes of driving.This wasnt a problem in the summer but since its been colder the problem has appeared. I would like to know what the problem might be before taking car to dealership, last job i feel they ripped me off.

Thanks Bill Gavin

Reply to
Bill Gavin

Bill Gavin wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Peel the carpet back from the angled part of the passenger footwell. You'll expose the ECU. On the surface of the ECU is a small round hole that has an LED inside of it.

Now turn the ignition key to "II" and count the blinks of the LED. There may be both long and short blinks, and more than one sequence. Sequences are separated by two second pauses. Long=10, short=1.

Examples: long short short = code 12 short short short long short = codes 3 and 11

What codes do you get?

Reply to
Tegger