Integra body question

Is the radiator support a "weld-in" assembly on a 1997 Acura Integra LS Hatchback?

Reply to
Mark F.

"Mark F." wrote in news:460a730b$0$28097 $ snipped-for-privacy@roadrunner.com:

Yes.

Only some Civics had a bolt-in support.

Reply to
Tegger

Thanks. I thought so. After I posted this I removed one fender and pulled off most of the front end. It looks like the spot welds could easily be drilled out and the new part spotted in or mig welded where the spot welds are located.

Mark

Reply to
Mark F.

"Mark F." wrote in news:460a9814$0$18845$ snipped-for-privacy@roadrunner.com:

Are you repairing body damage?

If so, I'd strongly advise you go to a wrecking yard, find an Integra without front-end damage, and take copious measurements from that BEFORE you take your rad support off.

You may also want to temporarily weld in a cross-brace to the inner fender tops, to prevent the fender tops from trying to flex inwards once the support's been removed. If that dimension is still good, that is.

Reply to
Tegger

Yes and the passenger side took the worst of it. It was a very low speed impact however. The condenser core and the radiator are fine. Also the frame member where the bumper bolts on is also ok. The very top of the radiator support from midline to the passenger side was pushed back about 4-6 inches. The upper connection point where the radiator support meets the quarter panel is pushed in.

P.S. Some of the links on your site are broken.

Mark

Reply to
Mark F.

"Mark F." wrote in news:460aaa07$0$28129$ snipped-for-privacy@roadrunner.com:

You would be astonished to find out how little it takes to throw absolutely everything totally out of whack.

And you'd never know, until you tear your hair out for days trying to get stuff to line up like it did before the damage. It will be reeeeallly close, but not quite there. The more measurements you get from an undamaged car, the better.

Yeah, I know. Haven't got around to fixing them all yet. Sorry about that. :(

Reply to
Tegger

I threw a page together to show you the damage.

Mark

Reply to
Mark F.

"Mark F." wrote in news:460ac223$0$24791 $ snipped-for-privacy@roadrunner.com:

It doesn't look like much, but I certainly hope you're able to get everything lined up the way it was before. You may have a maddening fight on your hands here even just to get it close. So much stuff gets distored in a collision, and most of it you can't see until you try to line all the new and old stuff up.

And if you use aftermarket body parts, you can _completely_ forget about factory-fresh panel alignment.

Good luck.

Reply to
Tegger