2004 A6 2.7T Telephone Integration

I'm considering purchasing a 2004 A6 2.7T and have some questions concerning integration between the radio and the Audi option to add a portable cell phone that integrates with the OnStar system.

The system in my current car (2001 BMW 530i) integrates with the radio so that frequently called numbers appear as menu selections on the radio display and I can also use the radio buttons to telephone touchpad buttons if I want. This is useful for navigating voicemail systems when need be. Does the Audi system allow for this kind of interface or is it strictly voice activated?

Is there an online reference that includes a detailed discussion about the telephone user interface when integrated into the car?

Is there any reason to avoid the center console cradle and mount a cradle so that the phone is not buried?

The reason that I'm asking this question is my concern that if the phone is tucked away inside the center console then it would not appear to be convenient to touch the keypad on the phone and I'm concerned that a voice only system will likely result in situations where keypad access is needed.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

-- Rich

Reply to
Richard Robbins