'98 A4 1.8T Q - Did you ever clean your intercooler?

Is it worth cleaning the intercooler to improve efficiency in the heat of the summer. I've never done it since I bought my car in '98. Has any of you tried? Any experiences? How did you go about it?

Reply to
JP Roberts

Good question and I'd be interested in the answer as I have an S6 with the

2.2L turbo. What may be beneficial is to clean the throttle body and the hoses leading to the intercooler. In my specific example, there is a hose I romoved (the michelin man hose) to get at a coolant hose and this had some residue in it that I cleaned out but other places in the path didn't have much.

Tony

96 S6
Reply to
Tony