A4 Econ switch

Hi all

I have an '01 (new shape) A4 and just recently the Climate Control's ECON switch remains illuminated after I switch it off. I don't really care about the light - what I care about is that I can no longer switch on Air Conditioning!

Does anyone know what might be causing this? Is it just a simple case of regassing the Air Con?

I have checked the newsgroup for similar postings and found some info (by Ronny) on accessing the climatic diagnostic controls for a 97 model which, I will try later.

There was also another thread where the author (MATT WILLIAMS) had the swith and software replaced and various other parts replaced - which is very concerning - I've only had the car since the begining of January!!

Cheers

Reply to
Nathy

Strange I didnt think the A4 97 model had an economy switch, you should have an "auto / aircon / recycle"

Maybe you have the 99.5+ aircon unit

Reply to
Ronny

woah soz, got my wires crossed, yeah you have a B6 with the dual climate.

I will have a look about, see if it's a common problem

Reply to
Ronny

Ronny, will the diagnostics info steps work for my cliamte control?

Reply to
Nathy

Nah it wont work on B6 climates, only on the B5 single display, you need to get a copy of vagcom and get the readings or contact your dealer and ask them.

I don't think its a common problem though, as I have had a bit of a search.

Ronny

Reply to
Ronny

Cheers Ronny - I tried it anyway and it didn't help :-(

I shall get in touch with the dealer and just hope they can fix it!

Reply to
Nathy