A6 (1996) brake pad thickness warning light?

Does anyone know what thickness of brake pad kicks off the warning light? Am I correct in thinking that there is initially a yellow warning light at one thickness and then a red warning light at a lesser thickness?

Reply to
John Prendergast

wrote "John Prendergast" wrote

No. The warning light is either off or on. Just two states, depending on whether the brake pad sensor has closed the circuit or not. Unfortunately I do not know at what thickness the warning comes on, but depending on how you drive, you should still be able to do another couple of thousand miles before the pads begin to damage your rotors.

Cheers,

Pete

Reply to
Pete

Reply to
vitonxl

"John Prendergast" skrev i en meddelelse news: snipped-for-privacy@news.individual.net...

No, there is only the red light when the brake warning circuit is disconnected, the warning is also set if the wiring is defective.

On older models the circuit made ground connection, but by faulty wiring / connectors the warning system was disabled.

Greetings Aksel

Reply to
Aksel