Hand brake warning light. Almera.

With the engine switched on the hand brake warning light is flickering or going out prior to me taking the hand brake off. Is this just a hiccup or signs of electrical problems. (as far as I can see other warning lights are working) Can this be resolved please. Petrer.

Reply to
Peter C

it may double as a low brake fluid light, so check that first. When you release the handbrake it may push the cylinders back a little and bring up the level enough to put the light out.

Mrcheerful

Reply to
MrCheerful

MrCheerful ( snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Or a pad wear light.

Reply to
Adrian

Adrian wrote in news:Xns98DBAA6E5384adrianachapmanfreeis@204.153.244.170:

There'll be no pad wear system if it's like the Nissans I've owned (of late

90s vintage), nor is the low fluid level a definite indicaiton of advanced wear, as the resevoirs are quite small and the level sensor will only tolerate a small amount of drop from the max. The light starts flashing on bends long before the pads are worn out.

Stu

Reply to
Stu

innews:Xns98DBAA6E5384adrianachapmanfreeis@204.153.244.170: