Audi 80 (1989 1.8) Running rough, stalling when warm

Hi.

I had this problem last year, and it seams to be appearing again. Run the engine on half choke till it warms, push choke back in and the revs drop below normal idle speed, and runs very lumpy until the engine stalls with lack of revs. I have also noticed that the fuel consumption has rocketed, and seems to be missing when I decelarate from 70-50.

What really worries me is that my trip back from Cardiff to Swansea was of real concern, because after about 30 odd miles, I came to a halt at a junction, and the engine just stalled. I had to restarted and all seemed ok.

The car was serviced about 9 months ago, had replacement Dist cap, and the usual oil and air filters changes. This seems to happen when the weather changed from warm to cold.

I'd appreciate any comments.

Reply to
BoOmBOom