Audi 80 2.6 E Auto stick in "sports" mode

I have just purchased a 1993 (L) Audi 80 2.6 E Auto estate that runs well but seems to be stuck in "sports" mode on the automatic transmittion. The light on the "sports" button is always on and will not go out when the button is pressed. Sometimes when starting out on a journey I can make the light go out, but shortly afterwards it comes back on again. The car seems to actually be in "sports" mode, i.e. changing up when the revs are higher etc. I am anxious to get this sorted since it is effecting the fuel economy. Everything else seems OK and the gear change is smooth.

Thanks for your help

Dan

Reply to
Dan Gruner