Audi Turbo Conversions

Hey

Ive been looking on google groups and audiworld.com for info on swaping a

5000S to a 5000 Turbo (Manual Quattro system). Anyways all I can find is information on doing the swap to a 4000. I was wondering if anyone has any small bumps in the road they've come accross... like the turbo instrument panel (speed / tach assembly), not fitting into the place where the old 5000S is.. and the 5000S has a cable driven speedo, the turbos use a electronic stepper motor system. (great.. but where do I connect my new turbo wiring harness to on my 5000 Quattro manual tranny... )

any light on this would be greatly apprectiated.. ! !

Thanks - Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan Carron

No small bumps, just large ones. Everything is different. Entire wiring harness for the whole car is different. If you had two complete, working cars, side by side, a shitload of dope and a month or two, it could be done. The dope is necessary to forget why you'd attempt to do something this stupid in the first place.... Neither car is worth it. Sell the S and buy a Turbo.

Spend the time you'd waste on this project at a job. Take the money and buy a turbo. It will be faster, easier, and more reliable.

I've seen it done once. He put a turbo engine from my old winter car into his non-turbo Quattro. It took most of the turbo car to do the job. Dash, interior, full wiring harness swap, exhaust, etc. Remember, even the hubs, brakes, and wheels are different. Turbos have five lugs.

Reply to
JPF

Interesting.. My car has 5 hubs already, and the only difference between the cars; with exception of (cis,turbo, after run stuff, etc.) is that my car also has abs (turbo I have does not.), brakes are 060 on both cars, Not that I suppose that this changes anything at all...heh. As I understood it for my pariticular car, was 'just' the motor, wiring harness, comp, and exhaust. Ah well. Anyone intending to sell a Turbo Quattro next year perhaps : ).

thanks for the nfo JFP. : )

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan Carron