Drag Race: Porsche 911 VS Audi R8

Not really a scientific experiment, but still worth a look. No prizes for guessing the winner..

----------------------------------- Audi NewsHub: News from car websites, portals and blogs

sjmassey

Which 911? We know the R8 has 420 hp but which 911 is it? Hp varies greatly in 911's. Also, wet track, the AWD in the Audi would have an advantage over RWD. I love them both, I'll have one of each, please.

Alan

Reply to
wtrplnet

Well it was either a fairly standard 997 Carrera 2 or 4.

I'll stick with my lottery idea of 911 for the weekend (gembella'd) and a RS4 for during the week.

Reply to
Jon B

Here's another drag race between R8 and 911. Starts at 6:45:

This one's from the recent Top Gear episode.

Pete

Reply to
Pete

Since the 911 was quicker off the line but then the R8 was catching it, then the winner seems pretty arbitrary as in where you put the finish line.

Reply to
Ed Chilada

The apparent registration on the 911, BL 56 HNO, is a transit van according to the RAC site. All the more impressive against the R8 then.

Reply to
Ed Chilada