I've posted before about my son's oil light problem.
Comes on only when engine is fully warm and then goes off and on
randomly- oil pressure checked with guage on long test drive and is
marginal, but not critical.
Last week his auxillary fan died. It was a mechanical failure &
finally overheated the circuit bad enough to blow the 40A fuse under
the steering wheel.
I changed the fan and took it for a test drive this morning. No
oil light. . . Ever. . . I drove and drove and drove. . . .
.[maybe I'm starting to like test driving my son's Audi too much.<g>
So--- Is it possible that the hot wires/circuit from the fan was
cooking a transistor, resistor or some such. . .. or did I hit a wire
while routing the fan cable harness? The wiring was definitely
cooking before it blew the 40A fuse--- When I was testing the bad fan
circuit I blew the fuse & burned my fingers when I pulled it.