flashing cooling&heating

I am having a problem with my audi 1988 A80. Just after starting it the coolant/heating idiot light continually blinks. I have check my oolant -- all the levels are good and my car has never over heated. After cking with the local dealer - to trouble shoot the problem will cost around $200.00 dollars, I have inquired about the sensor (which there are two). Can anyone tell me what the problem could be or how to fix it.

Tks MrD

Reply to
MrD

The sensors are basically cheap junk. If the gauge says you're OK, you're OK. For well under $200 (like, about $25), you can easily replace them.

-- C.R. Krieger (Been there; done that)

Reply to
C.R. Krieger

Had a very similar thing on my VW Passatt. It was the coolant level sensor on the expansion tank. Try replacing that (it shouldn't be too expensive). The light flashed until the car reached operating temp at which point it stopped. Replaced the tank (I think the sensor must have been built into it) and all has been fine since.

I.

Reply to
Iain Miller